The global market for cell culture is forecasted to reach the value of $4.2 billion by the year 2016 at the compounded annual growth rate of 8.8%. Cell culture is the procedure in which cells are grown under controlled conditions. The market for cell culture is undergoing significant growth since the past few years mainly because of the growth in the biopharmaceuticals market. Cell culture is the most integral part of biopharmaceuticals development, bioprocessing, and manufacturing.
The selection of cells for cell culture depends on various technical and economic factors. E. Coli, Bacillus, Subtitlus, and yeast are the most preferred bacteria for cell culture as they grow easily and independently and possess metabolic capabilities. Development in vaccines is also fuelling the growth of the cell culture industry to a great extent. Influenza vaccines were first developed with the help of egg-based technology; however, because of its labor intensive approach, this technology was replaced by cell culture. Growth in the influenza vaccines market will subsequently drive the growth of cell culture industry.
Major market players are investing significantly in the Asian market due to the flattering scenario for stem cell research. There is also tremendous growth potential for this industry in the US and European markets as several cell culture-derived pharmaceutical drugs are launched in these markets. Biopharmaceuticals represents the fastest growing segment of the pharmaceutical market. Increase in development and production of biopharmaceuticals is the most important driver of the cell culture market.
This research report on “Cell Culture - the World Market for Media, Sera and Reagents” analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. The report provides comprehensive analysis of current market trends, market growth drivers, factors limiting market growth, market structure, and market projections for upcoming years. The report also provides analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model, and complete company profiles of top industry players. It includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Some of the key players dominating this market are - Advanced Biotechnologies Inc., Affymetrix Inc., AMRESCO Inc., Analytical Biological Services Inc., Athena Enzyme Services, Atlanta Biologicals Inc., BD Biosciences, Bioreclamation Inc., Cell Essentials Inc., CellGenix Technologies Transfer GmbH, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- The report provides complete analysis of major competitors and their strategies
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of the market and by making in-depth analysis of industry trends
- It provides clear understanding of key product segments and competitive environment
- The report provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- The report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
To request for Table of Content, click the button below.